Magellan™ is unlike other safety devices on the market. Magellan™ safety needle features a robust shield that encases the entire needle point after activation, designed to protect clinical users and downstream workers from accidental needlesticks. Its proprietary integrated locking mechanism prevents deactivation of the device once the safety shield has been locked into place. Every Magellan™ safety needle may be activated using thumb, finger, or a flat surface. These needle-based safety devices are designed to protect the healthcare worker from accidental needlestick injuries.
- Magellan™ safety needles are inspected multiple times throughout the manufacturing process to ensure optimum quality
- The Magellan™ safety needle shield design ensures the needle remains protected from activation throughout disposal, even if bent inadvertently
- Easy to use, practical and intuitive one handed activation via multiple methods (finger, thumb or surface) enables clinical flexibility for engaging the safety mechanism after use
- Robust safety shield covers entire needle, providing 360 degree protection after activation
- Integrated engineering controls incorporate the safety device as an integral part of the needle hub to support conformance with OSHA standards, reducing the possibility of defeating or removing the safety mechanism