Magellan™ insulin safety syringe is an integral needle-based safety solution with a robust safety shield that covers the entire needle, providing 360 degree protection after activation, clinical and patient safety during use, and downstream workers after disposal. The safety syringes features bold unobstructed graduations, bevel orientation, and a robust safety shield that provides unparalleled protection during and after disposal.
- The Magellan™ insulin safety shield is simple to use and easily activated with a single hand while also providing 360 degree protection.
- Integrated engineering controls incorporate the safety device as an integral part of the safety syringe in conformance with OSHA standards, reducing the possibility of defeating or removing the safety mechanism.
- A robust safety shield covers the entire needle, providing 360 degree protection after activation protecting clinicians and patients during use and downstream workers after disposal.
- Bold, unobstructed graduations ensure visibility for precise measurements.
- Orientation of the needle bevel to the safety shield facilitates injection technique; if the safety shield is facing up, the needle bevel is also facing up.
- Safety technology simplifies standardization to safety throughout your facility
- Audible and tactile confirmation click confirms safety device has been activated and the device is ready to be discarded in an approved sharps container.